Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Monday, October 5, 2015

Silver Star Mountain

One of the best parts about my new life as a single mama is that I get scheduled time off. I have days without kids, already in my schedule, where I can plan stuff that is not super kid friendly. And that has been pretty awesome.
Yesterday, a friend and I hiked Silver Star Mountain in Washington. A 6.5 mile trek with amazing 360-degree views (and some of the strongest wind I have ever felt!). The entire hike is along a ridge (hence the wind), but the views are spectacular the entire way up and down. It was gorgeous, and my pictures don't do it justice.
I must say that I feel pretty darn grateful to live somewhere that I can find views like this and still be home in plenty of time for dinner.
















Hope you all had a great weekend!
Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. Wow that is a sensational view! So beautiful and such amazing captures! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I would love to go hiking there. Just stunning!

    ReplyDelete