This weekend I have felt grateful for:
- A moment where Phoebe looked at me, gave me a huge hug and said "Mama! I love you! You are my best friend." My heart almost exploded. (If this seems like not such a big deal, read why it IS here.)
- Wonderful weather, just perfect for heading to the nursery and planting a few new plants in the yard. A garden update to come soon!
- A night outside with a fire, spending time with a few wonderful ladies, and a late night bike ride home.
- Finn. He is doing so well and his anxiety seems to be at it's lowest in years. As I write this he is playing at the neighbor's house. Without me. He's 6, but it's the first time he has ever been at a friend's house without me (except for when he went to preschool at his friend's house). I am glowing with happiness.
- Two amazing hikes with my kids this weekend. Saturday's adventure was full of wildlife, and I am pretty sure that Phoebe is a budding scientist. Today's adventure was just the kids and I. We saw 3 racoons (check out the photos below of them crossing the stream) and all sorts of birds. Finn even spotted a northern flicker and a bald eagle before I did. An ornithologist in training!
- Young-adult science fiction thriller novels that suck me in.
- Green juice. And coffee. My morning treats.
- Sunday evening out with a couple of mama-friends, and getting to skip the bedtime routine for a change.
Joining in with the other Taryn of Wooly Moss Roots for a Gratitude Sunday post and Amanda from The Habit of Being for a weekending post.
Pin It Now!