Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Yarn Along


Happy Yarn Along! Joining with Ginny of Small Things today....

Between work meetings, school functions, and family obligations, I haven't had much time for reading or knitting this week. But when I have had a few minutes to knit, I have been frantically trying to finish some arm warmers for the children's cancer sweater-weather auction that my friends brother and sister-in-law are putting on. I am trying to knit a hat or a second pair of arm warmers for the fundraiser as well, and hoping I can find the time. I am looking forward to some quiet weekend nights to get some knitting time in. With the cooler weather, my fingers are yearning to hold some yarn!

I am still reading Bottlemania: How Water Went on Sale and Why We Bought It, a non-fiction about bottled water by Elizabeth Royte and Sometimes A Great Notion by Ken Kesey. They are both a bit slow-going right now, especially as time to read has been measured in minutes these days.

What are you reading? What are you knitting?

Pin It Now!

8 comments:

  1. arm warmers are awesome! but I can never make myself knit them long enough because I get bored with the pattern so they always end up to be wrist warmers :D good luck with your project, looks good so far :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. your armwarmers are beautiful!! i knit socks at the moment.
    happy knitting,
    regina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of luck with your knitting, I hope the fundraiser brings in lots of money.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That book sounds interesting! I'm in California, and it's hard to believe how many people buy bottled water here - when the tap water is perfectly good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. (I should say: regularly buy. Buying it as earthquake supplies, or for a camping trip? that I'll cop to. But just for out and about, or to drink at home? I don't get it.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the color - blue is my favorite color and I love that you are making these for a cancer auction. Great cause! Wishing you much success with helping sick kids. So glad to hear that Finn's first days at kindergarten are mostly going OK. My son is a senior now and we were actually laughing the other day about my many calls from and trips to his elementary school to deal with "issues." I hear you. It does get better and some day you will be laughing together about the first days of school! Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Knitting away on a shawl here, a Christmas present, and just finished up some fingerless mitts. Happy knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely knitting I hope you get it done on time !

    ReplyDelete