Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Friday, September 13, 2013

Sending Love to Colorado

I am sure you all have heard of the horrendous flooding in Colorado. I lived in Boulder for about 9 years, so I have many close friends in the area and it is a place I hold near and dear to my heart.
A bunch of my very favorite people in the world are currently stuck in Jamestown, Colorado. They are essentially on a mountain island, as all of the roads in and out of town are washed away or covered in water. Someone in Jamestown (a great friend of my friends) was killed yesterday when his house collapsed on top of him. The news was devastating to everyone. My friends are fairly sure their houses are all destroyed, but as of last night they were still safe. However, we haven't had any word yet this morning, and the lack of updates is making us all stressed.
I feel so helpless right now, being many miles away and unable to do anything for them except send good thoughts their way. Thought maybe they could use a little mojo from the blog world.....
Everyone, please keep Colorado in your thoughts today! Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. It is just terrible. They are all in our thoughts and we will send out some extra prayers today.

    ReplyDelete