Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Saturday, September 14, 2013

A Weekend Adventure

On Friday night we headed to a funky hotel about 45 minutes away for a belated birthday celebration for me. (For those of you familiar with Oregon, it was the Grand Lodge, a McMinnimin's hotel in Forest Grove.) We ate and drank to our heart's content, swam in the soaking pool (twice!), and even played a few holes of Frisbee golf. Even though we didn't go far, it was nice to escape the house for a night, and free my mind of all that I 'should' be doing.
Saturday, on the way home, we stopped by a small u-pick apple orchard to pick a few apples. This orchard was new to us, and was a bit disappointing.... the apples were pretty picked over and the signs were confusing... but it was nice to pick some of our own apples none-the-less. I do hope to head to Hood River again sometime in the next few weeks to go pick at our regular spot. I love this time of year in Oregon....










Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. How fun! Bummer about the apples however!

    Thanks for the congrats on my blog, and happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like you had a fun birthday celebration! you don't have to go far from home to get away!

    ReplyDelete