Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

The It's-Almost-Christmas Yarn Along


Joining in with Ginny at Small Things for this week's Yarn Along... the last Yarn Along before Christmas! Right now I am finishing up a couple of fingerless mitten for the kids, which will actually be a solstice present for Friday. I am hoping to knit up a hat for Finn and finish Phoebe's tiny tea leaves sweater before Christmas..... but, if I don't, I am not going to stress. Boxes galore have been arriving in the mail- presents from our family who all live far away- so I know that the kids will have plenty to keep them busy on Christmas morning (and a hat and a sweater will probably be the least exciting of the gifts!).
I finished up the book that I was reading last night, and am torn between starting a book that I already have at home or waiting to start a book that I have on hold at the library and should get in the next day or two. Decisions, decisions....
What are you reading? What are you knitting? Hope you all finish up your holiday knitting in time!! Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. i love getting packages in the mail. :) good luck on the knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that purple colour, beautiful! My holiday knitting it done, I am relaxing and enjoying my days :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, don't stress...if they get done, they get done! Yummy purple color!

    ReplyDelete