Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Yarn Along

Joining in with Ginny at Small Things for this week's Yarn Along.
OK, so I am STILL working on Phoebe's baby shorts. I thought for sure that they would be done for this week's yarn along, but alas, I need a few more days. This past weekend was so busy that I have been too exhausted to knit much the past couple of nights. I promise, next week it will be done!!
I started reading The Help for my mama's book club and so far I am really enjoying it. I also started reading The Crazy Sexy Diet by Kris Carr and it is awesome!! The author has cancer but has basically stopped its progression by changing the way she eats. She explains why the typical American diet is so horrible (in terms of chemistry), which has really made an impact on me, and although I don't foresee switching completely to her alkaline based diet, I do plan on leaning my eating habits that way. . and I can't wait to do the cleanse she includes. Plus, she is hilarious. Her writing is full of swears and crudeness, which just makes reading about digestion that much more fun. I will definitely write up a review on this one when I am finished.

Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading The Help very much, wanting to sock that Hilly in the nose. Haven't seen the movie and not sure if I really want to - probably would be disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just started reading The Help myself! So far I am really enjoying it too. Your other book sounds great as well. I might have to go find it at my library. Oh, and I'm in the same boat when it comes to being too exhausted for much knitting! Maybe you can finish your baby shorts in time for next weeks post. :)

    ~Cynthia
    brambleberriesintherain.com

    ReplyDelete