Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Friday, August 19, 2011

Another Adventure

After a fun trip earlier in the week to explore a local recreation area, the kids and I set out again this afternoon to continue our adventures. We headed to Eagle Fern Park, an old growth forest situated along a beautiful creek about 40 minutes from our home. The recommendation came from my friend Heidi, who blogs over at Under the Humble Moon. The park was lovely, with short hiking trails and a companion field guide. The water was clear and cool, with a lovely swimming hole (next time we will bring suits), and American Dippers dotted the rocks in the creek. Finn had a wonderful time throwing rocks and getting his feet wet, and when it was time to go, he actually started crying and said he didn't want to leave. Awwww. I didn't want to either. And I know that we will be back soon!
Hope you all had a great Friday!







Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful place to explore!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Finn's reaction is so sweet. I even love the name of the park!

    ReplyDelete