Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Yarn Along...

This is the first time that I have participated in Wednesday's yarn along. I was motivated to participate this week because I have been knitting like a maniac lately. Between baby gifts for friends, stuff for my new etsy shop, and items for my baby on the way, I have been busy! My current project for baby is a wool soaker diaper cover. This pattern is probably the hardest I have every followed, and it's on small needles, so it is taking me a while. But, I love that I am learning and I am excited to try it out when she arrives!
I also checked out a few knitting books from the library: 100 Knitting Projects, More Last-Minute Knitted Gifts, and Vintage Baby Knits. They all have some great projects (the soakers I am making are in the 100 Knitting Projects book), and my to-knit list has grown tremendously. I am hoping to tackle a baby sweater soon. Pin It Now!

14 comments:

  1. good luck with all your projects :)
    ""More Last minute knitting gifts" sounds like fun book - I could absolutely use some ideas from it - will have to check it out some days soon :)
    thanks for inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dan's mom has the best pattern for a baby sweater - it has a hood and zips up the back so it's super easy to get on and off! I can ask her for the name of it if you want it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A little birdie told me you might want to avoid knitting any baby sweaters from the Last minute knits book just for a bit ...cause I think a friend of yours may have got that book for Christmas and well, just might have thought of you when coming across a certain pattern.
    Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christy- I would love to see the pattern and Heidi.... NO WAY!! I'll pretend to be surprised but I am SO EXCITED!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved the vintage baby knits... the patterns were all too small for my daughter, or more complicated than I want to attempt at this stage of my life. I am jealous of your copy of More Last Minute Gifts... off to the library site now to see if they have one I can put on hold !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can I be your friend so you will knit me a baby gift ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haven't seen the Vintge Baby knits, the other's are great! Hve fun with the soaker, love the yarn :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dan's mom said she'd look for the pattern so I'll forward it to you if she comes up with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have More Last Minute Knitted Gifts coming in for me at the library...looking forward to seeing it. I love the Vintage Baby Knits book!
    I should be knitting some soakers but I am afraid of the tiny needles!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just popping in to say "Hi" as part of Yarn Along.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have never made baby soakers before, but I guess you would need little needles for little bottoms. Love your reading material.
    Warmly,
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love baby soakers! I love making them and I love the way the finished product looks. Have fun...

    I see that you are in Portland. We spent just under a year there and have moved back east, but I sure do miss those trees...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your yarn - such nice earthy looking shades... (on my laptop anyway!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello! Love the idea of a baby soaker. I can't wait to see it when it's done :)

    ReplyDelete