Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

A Little Something For Me.....

I finally finished my last (belated) handmade holiday present back in January.... which by the way, was the second pair of lace-up arm warmers I made this year. The pattern is from Alterknits and they are soooo cute. Next year, I am definitely knitting up a pair for myself! Check them out below:

Anyways, after all of the rush of crafting for the holidays ended, I started making stuff for my baby-on-the-way (which will be posted soon, I promise). I felt like I was constantly making something for someone, but had not made myself anything in ages. So, I dropped what I was doing, and knit myself a pair of fingerless mittens.....which have come in very handy and are already well worn-in! I have been so happy with my gift to myself that I think I may have to do it more often!
So my point here is craft away! Make things for other and see them smile. But.... don't forget to make a little something for yourself while you're at it!

Pin It Now!

3 comments: