Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Felted Magic Wands


Here is another great craft idea that I borrowed from a blog that I read, Moment to Moment. These were just too cute to pass up! It was actually my first time needle felting when I did this, and it was slightly disastrous. I ended up breaking a couple of needles and completely ruining the first star before I got the hang of it, but the wands ended up pretty cute in the end. You can find the star wand tutorial here.
Felting needles are super sharp and there was no way I would have let Finn (almost 3) try this, even though he really wanted to help. Honestly, I was a little scared doing it myself at first. But Finn loves his wand (and hopefully his cousin will love hers too!) and I am ready to experiment with some more needle felting now. Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. Great wands - they're beautiful! Love the creativity and power that the little ones have with a wand in their hands. I've never felted before - it intimidates me too :)

    ReplyDelete