Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Sunday, September 27, 2015

Gratitudes


Hello! Happy Sunday! I have not been writing here much (nor reading your blogs much lately either) because my mom was in town for two weeks and we used up every minute. I did manage to jot down a few moments of gratitude from the past week though:
  • For my mom. She was here for two weeks and she did so much to help me, spoil me, and keep me company. She just left yesterday and I am already so sad that she is gone.
  • For my sweet little Casanova, who knows exactly how to put a smile on my face when I am feeling down (see above photo).
  • For coffee. 
  • For fall. For the gorgeous colors. For cold, sunny mornings. For warm, cozy clothes. 
  • For my running buddy. Running is so much easier with a friend. 
  • For the nicest pest control guy in the world who I have hired to help me deal with my rodent issues. He is fairly affordable, and honestly, I think the money is worth it just so I don't have to stress about how I am going to do it myself anymore!
  • For the new skills I am learning. Managing a household alone now means that I have to do things that I could normally ignore. And although tackling those new tasks can sometimes be a pain, I love the feeling of learning something new and becoming more self sufficient.
  • That my new term of teaching has begun and day one went well. I always have anxiety about work after having a summer off and having to go back. Once that first day is under my belt, I am so much calmer. Plus, I am happy to be back at work and back into more of a routine. 
What have you felt grateful for this week?

Joining in with the other Taryn from Wooly Moss Roots
Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. What a precious note. How wonderful to have your mom around for a few weeks. And yay for learning new things!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy that your mom helped and as for your household, you got it!! You will be fine running and managing it. Glad your first day back to school was a good one :)

    ReplyDelete