Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Sunday, September 20, 2015

Gratitudes


Happy Sunday! Hope you are all having a fabulous weekend. This past week I have felt grateful for:

  • My mom. She is here visiting for a couple of weeks and has been a great help as well as great company.
  • Getting organized. My mom and I spent many hours cleaning and organizing my garage. I have been battling some rodents over the past 6 months or so, and the cleaning was not fun. Let's just say it involved a dead rat and a whole lot of poop. But everything is in bins with lids, my art shelf had a major overhaul, and I was able to bring another load to Goodwill. Feels good.
  • For the huge hugs and smiles I get from Finn when he comes back after spending the night with his papa. Finn doesn't always express his happiness openly, so when he does, it feels amazing.
  • Friends, both old and new.
  • Cool mornings that remind me that autumn is almost here. Yay!
What have you felt grateful for this week?
 

Joining in with the other Taryn from Wooly Moss Roots
Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. I think I've mentioned this to you before, but you remind me so much of my sister and your lives seem to parallel each other. My sister has been battling a little rodent problem of her own [steel wool around all the pipes in the house helps]. and getting organized. :)
    Enjoy all the wonderful time with your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love getting things organized. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited for you and for your mom being there for weeks!! have lots of fun and I'm thrilled your son is happy and it seems that you are doing a fantastic parenting job :)

    ReplyDelete