Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Thursday, September 10, 2015

Gratitudes


Since I was not around last weekend to share my gratitudes with you, I figured I was about due for a gratitude post. I just got back from a week in the desert, which was marvelous, but also makes me appreciate all of the comforts of life that I live with on a daily basis. It is good to be home.

Since I have returned I have felt grateful for:
  • My own bed. Enough said. I am on my way there, actually.
  • Harvesting food from my garden that had been neglected for over a week. Even when it is ignored, it still gives.
  • Home cooked meals, made over a regular stove.
  • Cool mornings and runs to fill them.
  • My children and the ease at which they have taken to school this year. Both of my kiddos are loving school and are actually excited to go. Phoebe started at a new, much bigger preschool just this week. She cried all morning about not wanting me to leave her there... and then when we got into the classroom she started painted and said goodbye without a care in the world. My kids are rock stars.
What have you felt grateful for lately??
Pin It Now!

5 comments:

  1. Glad you had a nice time, but I think I agree, nothing like your own bed! Great that the kiddos are enjoying school and preschool so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, there is nothing like sinking into your own bed after being away. Look at that harvest, enjoy! Happy to hear you kiddos settled back into the school routine well, always nice. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. my own bed is better than your own bed...just sayin'. Love your list and I'm glad your back to your regular life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being totally "off the grid" for five days does sound appealing, but coming home your own home is probably the best part. So glad the kids are doing well in school. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah yes the joys of being back in your own bed - after three weeks camping this summer it felt amazing to jump into bed the first night home!

    ReplyDelete