Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

An Autumn Yarn Along


 Hello! Joining with Ginny at Small Thing's ( a wee bit late) for this week's Yarn Along .

Still slowly chugging away at  my sweater.... yup, the one that I was trying to finish before I went to a festival in July. Oh well. It will get done. Eventually.  I did finish my Katniss vest before I went to Burning Man (see below!). And good thing, because the nights were chilly and I wore it lots!

I am starting to think and plan Christmas knits, which is always exciting! I found a few things I am hoping to knit up for Phoebe, before she gets to an age where she may no longer be so willing to wear what I choose to make for her. I am not letting myself start Christmas knits until I finish my sweater though....

I am reading In The Unlikely Event by Judy Blume. Remember her? One of my favorite authors as a child! I had no clue that she was writing for adults now. Her writing style is still very simplistic, almost as if I am reading a children's novel (but with adult content). It took me about 100 pages to get into this one, but now I am eager to see where the story goes.

What are you reading? What are you knitting?

Pin It Now!

4 comments:

  1. Oh goodness, I love the vest, and it looks amazing on you. You look beautiful! Christmas knitting has started here, and moving along at a good pace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I've just ordered that book at the library, glad to hear it's getting good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice vest! you look fabulous!! I'm sure you will finish the other project one day soon as well.

    ReplyDelete