Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Monday, January 13, 2014

Weekending


This weekend was pretty un-exciting. The husband had surgery on Friday morning, which meant that he was basically couch bound all weekend. And with the stormy weather outside, the kids and I didn't venture far. And I realized how much more messy the house gets when you are there non-stop for several days...
I love to go places and explore, and typically, at least one of our weekend days is filled with adventure. So, it was pretty hard for me to sit around almost all weekend. However, I did manage to get some stuff done from my to-do list: some work for my class, starting a free on-line permaculture course, playing with my new camera lens, and some explorations in the kitchen. The big winner of the weekend was this lemon tart. I must say it turned out pretty well! I have never made any sort of tart before, but have a soft spot in my heart for anything lemon, and this was a hit with the whole family. (My korean-style spring rolls that I made for dinner on Sunday were not such a big hit.... at least with the kids).

How was your weekend?


Joining in with Amanda from The Habit of Being.


Pin It Now!

4 comments:

  1. Hope your hubby is back up to par soon. Totally amazing how messy the house gets eh? I think it is one of the reasons I like getting out so much :) Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your hubby is feeling better soon. I sure would like to try your spring rolls...I love spring rolls but have never made any myself from scratch. Hope your week goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am the WORST at staying home. I feel your pain!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your husband heals quickly and that next weekend is a bit more exciting for you!!

    ReplyDelete