Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Saturday, January 4, 2014

New Years on the Oregon Coast

Over new years, we spent 3 nights in a rental house on the Oregon coast with 4 other families. Some were old friends, and some were new, and we just had a marvelous time. The weather was unbelievable...  fairly warm and sunny, and little wind, which is NOT normal for the Oregon coast. In fact, I would have considered this weather pretty awesome even during the summer months. Plus, we had some amazing sunsets. Seriously amazing.
We spent many hours playing on the beach, went whale watching (and saw a few spouts of water, way out in the distance!), and went on a hike. Evenings were spent hot tubbing, making meals, and of course, having dance parties. There were 9 kids there, so Finn and Phoebe were constantly entertained, and it almost felt like a real (relaxing) vacation. I couldn't have imagined a better way to spend a few days.
I am feeling very grateful for the fun we have had over this break, and honestly, I am not quite ready for school, work, and our normal routine to resume next week.
I took about a zillion photos, but here are a few of my favorites:



















Pin It Now!

6 comments:

  1. You know what I'll say - I LOVE IT! :)
    Sounds like a fun time, perfect way to start the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, looks amazing (& that sunset, you weren't kidding!). I surprised my hubby and we spent a night on the coast the day after christmas - even one night was rejuvenating :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, that last shot...amazing!!! Sounds like a wonderful time, and those kiddos of yours are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun getaway and to be with a whole slew of people who share the same interests!! Love the photos of the kids such a happy pair. oh and happy new year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun and beautiful way to start the New Year. Happy 2014! I hope it's a great year for you, Taryn!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sunset picture is amazing, and your children are so cute and sweet. Sounds like a great, fun way to begin the new year! Happy 2014 to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete