Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Thursday, January 30, 2014

A Trip to Chicago... Burrrrr

Last week, the kids and I got to spend 6 days in Chicago visiting my family. My parents, my sister and her family, my grandma, and several of my aunts and uncles all live there, so we are always busy visiting family when we go. This time, the kids got to spend a lot of time with their cousins (my sister's kids) and it was so fun to see them all together. Makes me sad we don't live closer.
We saw a movie, went to the Chicago Museum of Science and Industry, had fashion shows, went swimming, had a cousin-sleepover, ate too much food, played in the snow, and gathered with family.
It was great.
We almost didn't make it home until today, as the weather was so cold (-45 F, with the windchill), that we couldn't make our original morning flight out on Monday. Luckily, I was able to make it out Monday night, and make it to work on Tuesday morning.
Finn has been begging me to move to Chicago ever since we got home. I hate living so far away from my family, but feel so lucky when we get to go visit. Here are some photos of our time there:






















Pin It Now!

4 comments:

  1. Oh goodness, it looks like such a wonderful time. Cousins playing, laughing and enjoying time together is the best. Great shot of Finn in the snow, he looks so grown up smiling at the camera :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun, I would give just about anything to visit home. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. So so cute ! And so fun to see Kristin's kids! Her littlest one looks just like I remember Kristin looking! That round face...so sweet! Glad you had a fun time! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! Thanks for sharing your trip with us.
    XO
    C

    ReplyDelete