Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Yarn Along


Linking up with Ginny at Small Things for another yarn along.
This week, I have finally gotten my hands on The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling from the local library. I got quite a few other books that I had on hold as well, but since I know I won't be able to renew this one, it is going to be my focus until I finish.
This week I finished up this gnome hat for Miss P. She is having a gnome/woodland party for her second birthday (which is right around the corner!) and I thought this would be a great accessory. However, it came out quite a bit big, and basically fits me even though it is for ages 2-3. And,  so far she is not too keen on wearing it. Trying not to pressure her yet as I want there to be some novelty for her party day. Someone will wear it. At some point. I hope. Pictures to come when that day arrives!
Currently, I have a little striped monster on the needles, which I casted-on on a whim a few days ago. I felt like I hadn't knit anything for Finn is ages and his monster I made him last year is still one of his favorites. I will probably set it aside soon though, as I need the needles for another milo vest for a baby that is on its way.
And, I finally got Phoebe's milo on her... she wasn't in much of a photo mood, but I managed to snap a few to share.
What are you reading? What are you knitting?





Pin It Now!

9 comments:

  1. I'm smiling along with the whole trying to get these beautiful handknits on the little ones. My daughter made lovely pebbles vests for her little boys and one just refuses, I will scream if you try to put it on me, refuses to wear it. Happily the younger one always complies! Your work is lovely! ~ Paula

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet little vest and a cute little model...your knitting is Wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She looks adorable in her little milo, what a beautiful colour it is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the milo turned out beautifully. i hope someone wears the hat, that pattern is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Phoebe looks so grown up! I still can't get over it whenever you share a photo. She looks sweet in her milo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. she looks so happy not being in a photo mood! I cannot wait to see what you think of that book!!! don't forget to post about it. Love her milo and the rich color.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The milo looks lovely. I also love the mermaids on the skirt.

    ReplyDelete