Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Friday, February 15, 2013

Look Who Came to Visit


Around 8:30 this morning, I heard the ducks making a racket, and went to the backyard to find this little gal in the tree above the duck house and 2 more in the tree on the other side of the fence. They are pretty darn cute, I must say, but since I am pretty sure they have their eyes on a duck-snack I had to scare them out of the yard with the hose.
We always make sure our ducks are safely locked in their house before dark, but a couple times this winter we have seen the racoons prowling around in daylight hours. Anyone know of any ways to deter them from our yards (and our ducks) without hurting them?
Phoebe thought that they were amazing and has been asking to go back out and see them all day. These pictures will have to suffice for now!


Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. Great shots! I have been waiting to see if they would show an interest in our chickens, but so fat not yet. Not sure how to deter them, but if you find out please share.

    Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh they are cute - those little trouble makers. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! I have two little visitors (grands Kaleb and Dahlia) this morning who enjoyed your photos and story immensely! And they would like to come visit you to see the ducks, please and thank you ;)

    Have a good weekend! Snow heading our way...we are sitting...and waiting :)
    ~ Paula

    ReplyDelete