Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Weekending


Joining in with Amanda at Habit of Being

I feel like I was spoiled this weekend, as somehow, I managed to have a whole lot of kid-free time. And not that I don't love my kids to pieces, but it is always nice to have a break.

Friday night I headed out with another mama to see The Wood Brothers perform. They are soulful and fabulous and it made me wish that I played in a band.

Saturday, in between my husband and I running separate errands, I managed to get myself to a much needed yoga class. I did a little sewing, some reading, and then had a girls night out: Ethiopian for dinner (my favorite) followed by a film called Grey Matter, which was shown as part of the annual African Film Festival at the campus where I teach. The movie, about the Rwandan genocide, was moving and very, very sad. Afterwards we headed out for a glass of wine and a long conversation about life. I love lady-time!

Sunday morning, we were woken up early by Finn getting sick... poor guy. I had a bird watching field trip all morning long, so Todd was once again in charge, and this time of a sick kiddo. Hats of to my hubby for all of his hard work this weekend! Sunday afternoon was lazy..... movies and naps for the kids... and hopefully a movie and early bedtime for this mama, who did not sleep enough this weekend!

Tomorrow Finn will not be going to school, so I am already wondering how I will keep both kiddos entertained for another home-bound day.......

How was your weekend?


Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. How nice to get so much mama time, sounds like you enjoyed it. Hoping Finn wakes up feeling better this morning. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a lovely weekend! Hurrah for mama time :) I miss going to regular yoga classes - most of my yoga is done at home these days, in little pockets of time. Enjoy the week ahead :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so sorry to hear your little guy was sick but huzzah! husband to the rescue :)

    ReplyDelete