Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Yarn Along



Linking up with Ginny at Small Things for another yarn along.
Last night I finished up Phoebe's milo vest! Hooray! It is a Valentine's gift, so I will show a photo of her wearing it soon (provided that she will let me put it on her as she has been very anit-clothes lately). I am trying to knit up a quick stuffed monster in time for Finn for Valentine's day, but I really don't think it is going to happen. I procrastinated, well, actually it was more that I forgot about Valentine's day, and unless I stay up super late tonight, I don't think it will get done. I have only knit 3 rows! Maybe I will give him an IOU?
I am currently reading The Kalahari Typing School for Men (the 4th in the No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency books).  I love these books- easy to read, humorous, suspenseful, and about Africa.
What are you reading? What are you knitting?

Oh yes. I am also (finally) including a couple of pictures of Phoebe's bear hood that I finished a few weeks back. It came out great. Since I don't know how to crochet, I had to do some improvising for the detail, but I think it worked out just fine. Unfortunately, Phoebe doesn't really like wearing it all that much so it has taken me awhile to get some photos.. and, as you can see, she isn't all that happy about it!


Pin It Now!

8 comments:

  1. Love that last photo!! I used to cry all the time too (my clothes were "itchy') I hope she'll model her milo vest soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your milo looks great! And that last photo is great :) The bear hood is really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute knits, and very cute photos! love the last 2.
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. That vest and bear knit are awesome. I adore No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency novels. They are so fun.
    Good luck with the Valentine's Day knits!

    xo,
    ang

    ReplyDelete
  5. The hood is so adorable - on your adorable Phoebe!

    I've really enjoyed The Ladies Detective novel. I love them for a nice gentle read but still captivating. Have you seen the HBO series? I fell in love with it over the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, sweet little P! Anything with bear ears is awesome and this hood is no exception. Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. your milo looks wonderful. and your poor wee girl, lol, hopefully she will enjoy the hat in the future. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my gosh that is so cute, little baby bear! the #1 ladies detective agency books are my favorite, i've collected all the books. i have a love affair with africa and these books bring me back!

    ReplyDelete