Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Monday, November 7, 2011

Happy 4th Birthday Finn!

Four years ago today I had my first child. He surprised me, arriving 3 weeks before his due date. Looking back now, the signs that he was coming early were obvious, but I think my mind was sort of in a state of denial and I had no idea. Mentally, I don't think I was quite yet ready to be a mother. I still needed a few more weeks (or months) to process how my life was going to change.
Oh, but this baby of mine was determined from day one, and was coming regardless of my readiness. And since this day, four not-so-long years ago, he has taught me so many things. He has taught me how to be a mother, he has taught me how important patience is, he has taught me how to find happiness in the simplest things and how to view my surroundings with innocence. He has shown me that four years, which used to seem like quite a while, can fly by in the blink of an eye before you have time to look back. He has taught me to take in as many moments as I can, and store them in my mind for a rainy day. He has taught me love. The I-love-you-more-than-I-love-myself-and-would-do-anything-for-you-love. And he has give me so much love back.
It is so amazing to watch a child, your child, grow and change and become a person. And even on the days when I think it can't get any worse, I go to bed with a full heart because I have this little person who I love beyond words.
Today, my little baby, my teacher of life, turns four years old. He has grown into such an amazing little guy and I am so happy to be on this journey with him
Happy birthday, to my favorite little man!
Pin It Now!

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful, beautiful post. Happy Birthday to your little pirate :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. He is such a handsome boy! Get ready for a crazy year- mine aren't four yet, but I nannied and babysat a lot, and four is the year they go from toddlers to full-fledged big kids. It's crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love you Buddyfinn and are so happy you were born! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww! He's getting so big. Happy birthday to Finn and happy birthing day to you! = )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Happy birthday to your sweet little man! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happiest of birthdays little Finn! What a beautiful tribute your mama wrote for you!

    ReplyDelete