Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!

We have been busy around here getting ready for Halloween. Our pumpkins are carved, decorations are hung, costumes are made, and trick or treating plans are set. Someone I know is very, very excited!
In the holiday spirit, I made some pumpkin shaped grahams crackers and pumpkin flavored ice cream last week. Yum.  Here is my pumpkin ice cream recipe (for your ice cream maker):
  • 1.5 cups whole milk
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2.5 cups heavy cream
  • 1.5 Tbl vanilla
  • 1 can pumpkin
  • pumpkin pie spices as desired
Wishing you all a fantastic Halloween! And I can't wait to see pictures of costumes tomorrow! 
Pin It Now!

4 comments:

  1. those look good- we made ghost cookies last night (um the store bought kind that are basically pure sugar) love your pumpkins we are off to carve our now- I'm so last minute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, those graham crackers look delicious. Great goteed pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The crackers look yummy. I've never made graham crackers before. Unfortunately, our celebration has been dampened by 18 inches of snow! Our towns trick-or-treating has been rescheduled till Sunday. We didn't even get a chance to carve pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the ice cream recipe. We bought an ice cream maker over the summer...should have used it then, but I say, all seasons are made for ice cream!

    ReplyDelete