Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Yarn Along.... sort of

Joining in with Ginny over at Small Things for this week's yarn along. This past week we took a family vacation to California. It was marvelous; the weather was gorgeous, the kids were well behaved, and it was loads of fun. Knitting, however, was a disaster. I decided not to bring along the baby sweater I have been working on, for fear that something might happen to it along our travels. So, I decided to bring the yarn I bought to make matching winter hats for Finn and Phoebe. We got to the airport Friday morning and I pulled out my yarn to knit and.... I brought the wrong needles and spent 5 days not being able to knit. It turned out OK in the end.. I did more reading, slept more and probably paid more attention to my kids... but absolutely zero knitting progress since last week.
I did start reading The Historian for my mama book club. My library hold came in the day before we left on our trip. I am a couple hundred pages in and very wrapped up in the story and can't wait to read some more!
What are you knitting? What are you reading? Pin It Now!

5 comments:

  1. that stinks, about the needles...but you are right if we are knitting we aren't reading and vice versa! lol

    :)
    jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, I agree, its very difficult to read and knit at the same time! The Historian sounds like an interesting book, I might have to look at the library for it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I m so sorry you weren't able to knit. I have had that happen too. I saw that book at Goodwill. I should have picked it up then.
    xo,
    Ang (Peach Coglo)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So frustrating that you forgot your needles, but I'm glad you put a positive spin on it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my gosh, the wrong needles? you did make the best of it, so glad you had a good time in california.

    ReplyDelete