Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Monday, October 24, 2011

The Tastes of Fall.....

A couple of weeks ago we went apple picking, and followed that by a trip to the pumpkin farm where we got 20 pounds of pears. So, I spent a lot of time these past couple of weeks processing fruit. We made apple sauce, apple butter, apple fruit leather, apple pie, apple muffins, pear sauce and pear fruit leather. I am glad that all of that cooking and canning is over with, for now, but I do miss the smell of fruit cooking on the stove.
I have been craving fall foods though, and want winter squash, kale and sweet potatoes for every meal. And I just made a batch of pumpkin ice cream for tomorrow's pumpkin carving extravaganza!
What have you been eating this fall? What are your favorite fall recipes?

this face is a "I have pear leather stuck in my teeth" face!
Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. 20 lbs of pears?! Wow! That's a whole lot of peeling. Apple butter-yummy!

    ReplyDelete