Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Do It Yourself!


Need a gift for a special someone? How about making one yourself? Making a gift instead of buying new reduces wastes, pollution and greenhouse gases. Your gift is not covered in plastic packaging (which is polluting to make and then sits in a landfill where it does not decompose) and your item is not coming all the way over from China, using fossil fuels and contributing to global climate change. Plus, it can save you money! And what better way to show you are thinking of someone than to make something with your own hands!
So, it's time to get crafty! The picture above is a baby blanket that I just finished for my cousin's baby shower!
Pin It Now!

1 comment: