Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Monday, March 7, 2016

A Dragon Birthday Party

This year, Phoebe decided on dragons for the theme of her birthday party. That Phoebe is pretty rad-- not many girls would choose to have a dragon party. I think it's awesome.

I don't have a whole lot of great pictures to share... in my hurry to leave the house, I grabbed the wrong lens for my camera, and most of my photos were blurry (the space where we had the party doesn't have great lighting). But, I will give you what I can!

I found some sweet dragon fabric online and (by request) made Phoebe a dragon skirt to wear for her party (I am writing this post the day after her party and she is still wearing her skirt... after having slept in it last night! I guess she likes it!). I used the remainder of the fabric to make a simple banner, and also whipped up some dragon party bags.




The party bags were filled with a miniature dragon, a dragon tattoo, and some treats.



I let my children organized the party activities. Phoebe thought up a crown decorating station. It was perfect. We bought paper crowns and got sequins and gems to glue onto them. Finn brought his foam swords and shields, and his bow and suction arrow set, and we had some knight-type games.

The best part of the party was the dragon cake. There are great instructions here. It was actually pretty easy to make, although a bit time consuming. And it started to melt a bit before we served it-- oops. But it was a big hit!





Happy Birthday Phoebe!


Pin It Now!

4 comments:

  1. Oh goodness she looks so happy. What a great party, and a dragon themed one too, love it! The cake looks amazing, well done mama.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, happy birthday, P! FIVE!!! How is that possible?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. must remain helpful. If it's slick, your email will be trashed. 5. You should include multiple 10 day social profits response options for your prospects. But ALWAYS remember to have a web-based response form. Many online .


    http://masspmmusclegrowth.com/10-day-social-profits/

    ReplyDelete