Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Sunday, August 23, 2015

Gratitudes


Happy Sunday! Hope you are all having a great weekend. Thought I would check in and share some gratitudes with you....

This week I have felt grateful for:

  • The internet. Sure, it is a huge time-suck, but it makes so many aspects of life so much easier: finding recipes, answering questions, communicating. Last Monday I had to replace the ducting on my dryer (I have been battling a mouse who ate through my aluminum duct!). Replacing ducting is not as easy as you would think-- you don't just remove the clamp, switch it out, and replace the clamp as I originally thought. You first have to prepare the ducting by rolling it out and snipping the edge.. or else it will never fit. However, I didn't know this until I struggled with the ducting for about 30 minutes. Finally, at Finn's suggestion,  I decide to watch a youtube video. Withing 5 minutes, my ducting was replaced. Sweet!
  • My pets. There is nothing like being greeted with wags and kisses, even after you only went into the front yard. Unconditional love to the max.
  • The ceramic class I have been taking for the past 7 months. I am still not very good, but let's say that it has been very cheap therapy!
  • My mom. She is my free therapy. I call her almost every day. Usually more than once (sorry mom!)
  • An outdoor space. As a city dweller, I truly appreciate my small plot of land on which I can dig, plant, harvest, dance and relax. Even though my yard is small, It is mine to use as I wish, and I love that.
Enjoy the week to come! 

Joining in with the other Taryn from Wooly Moss Roots
Pin It Now!

4 comments:

  1. Love your list!
    I am thankful for the internet too, it has made this big world so much smaller. I learned to knit because of the internet and I have made so many wonderful friends.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you about the internet. So glad you are enjoying your ceramic class. Also, nice that you have a great relationship with your mom! Enjoy the week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the internet! I cannot imagine my life without it, I love how it connects all of us together :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww... I have to agree with you this morning on the pets...as one of my labs has her head on my feet.
    xx

    ReplyDelete