Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Sunday, November 30, 2014

A Little Fresh Air


The past week has been a rough one for me.... I have been in some pretty extreme pain, and haven't been up for doing much. Today however, I decided that my body was craving a little nature and fresh air, even if it needed to be low key.

So, the kids and I headed to my favorite urban park, Crystal Springs.. or, as we call it, the duck park, because there are always many friendly ducks there. We bring duck food, and let them eat from our hands. In fact, the wild ducks there seem to like us quite a bit more than our backyard ducks do.....

Anyways, the sun was out and it was c-o-l-d, but it was so great to be outside. I needed that. It's amazing what a little outside time can do to soothe a spirit.




Pin It Now!

4 comments:

  1. So happy you got out there to soak up some nature. I know how healing it can be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you visited the new nature-based playground nearby at Westmoreland Park? It's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have! And it WAS awesome. I took my 3 year old daughter, and she loved it, but I need to go back with my 7 year old son. There is so much room for imagination there!

      Delete
  3. Hope you feel better soon! I love the picture that you took of your kids. :)

    ReplyDelete