Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Yarn Along


Joining with Ginny of Small Things today for another yarn along.

I finished Phoebe's plain tunic a couple of days ago. I am really happy with how it turned out. Super cute and it was quick and easy. I left it to soak in some water to help soften it up, and it has finally dried. Hooping to get it on Phoebe, and take a few photos, in the next day or two. I will share them when I do!

In the meantime, I have been knitting up a bunch of modified versions of these. They are going to come in handy for holiday gifts.

I am still reading Sometimes A Great Notion. Still! And I still have quite a bit to go. Man, it is going to be a great accomplishment when I finally get through this one. It's not like I don't like it- I do, I swear! I just haven't been able to really sit down with it for more than 10 minutes at a time.

What are you reading? What are you knitting? Pin It Now!

15 comments:

  1. I just saved a similar pattern on ravelry last night for my 5 year old. I love yours!!!! What a versatile, cozy tunic it will be. I'd love to see it on your girl to get an idea of length. xo Jules

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea for Christmas gifts. I love that little tunic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so cute. Would love to see it modeled.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is adorable!! she is going to look marvelous in it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice! I love simple patterns like that that really let the yarn shine. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw great tunic, I've just added that to my favourites as I've got a toddler who'd love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it, the yarn is so pretty! I want to wear it!
    I am knitting mittens like cray for the craft show and finished Nalah's sweater, but have yet to get any photos it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh it is a beautiful tunic, well done. I might need to knit a few for my girls :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that tunic, can't wait to see it on her :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. i am having a hard time reading much lately too. going to the library to pick up the game of thrones first book. it's not really my thing but so many people love it...

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a sweet little dress! I'm sure P is absolutely adorable in it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That plain tunic is so cute.
    And thanks for your sweet comments on my blog today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. so so so pretty.
    ya sure can knit, mama.
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this little tunic! You are so talented. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete