Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Yarn Along



Linking up with Ginny at Small Things for another Yarn Along.

We are in full-preparation mode for our spring break adventure to Mexico, and I finally decided what reading and what knitting to bring along. For reading, I will be bringing Moby Duck, a book about plastics that may be very fitting for my class nest term... but not exactly easy beach reading. For the lighter side, I am bringing The Full Cupboard of Life (from the No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency series) and Operating Instructions. For some reason, I am packing like I will have copious time to read, but realistically, I will be entertaining and chasing 2 children non-stop and will probably come home having read 10 pages!

And what to knit? I decided on the In-Threes cardigan for Phoebe. Since it is in one piece and on a circular needle, I figured it made for good traveling.

Oh- I also recently finished up a present for a friend who is due next month. A teeny tiny baby milo vest and a matching gnome hat. Those little milos just knit up so quickly!! Take a peek below. Apparently, my cat wanted to be included on this one!

What are you reading? What are you knitting?

Ok, now I am off to do some packing! Adios amigos!




Pin It Now!

6 comments:

  1. pretty, pretty, pretty!
    The knits and the kitty!
    (and the knits ON the kitty)
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. That little vest and gnome hat is simply adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. have a safe trip!!! Love the green yarn so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. As you know I love the milo, and I also love how quick they knit up :)

    Mexico, have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Spring vacation! Yay!

    Lovely knitting ~ what a cute new baby gift idea. I may borrow this idea once my knitting is gift worthy :)

    Have a wonderful time and safe travels! ~ Paula

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you need to make a sweater for your cat in the same color,looks great with his eyes :)

    ReplyDelete