Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Yarn Along


Linking up with Ginny at Small Things for this week's yarn along.
Well, the past week has been a busy one: a week-long visit from my mom, Phoebe's birthday with a party to boot, and some oral surgery. I haven't found time for much reading or knitting, or blogging for that matter!
I am still slowly working my way through JK Rowling's Casual Vacancy. I just can't seem to get sucked in to the story. I really think it is all of the characters and side stories and trying to keep it all straight. Hoping she ties it all together in some fantastic ending, but so far I am pretty unimpressed. I guess if you write the Harry Potter series first, you have some pretty big expectations upon you.
On the knitting front, the project that I am working on is actually a surprise, so I can't reveal it today. But, so far I am loving how it is turning out. And, I am feeling a case of startitis coming my way. I also have a couple projects already left (and temporarily abandoned) on the needles, so we will see what the next week or so brings.
What are you reading? What are you knitting?

And, I am hoping to get a post up with pictures from Phoebe's party this week, as well as another post to share some of the exciting adventures we had when my mom (Lulu to my kids) was in town. Stay tuned!

Pin It Now!

6 comments:

  1. Ouch, oral surgery. That's no fun. Hope you are on the mend and feeling better! And surprise knitting projects, aye? I'll be keeping my eyes peeled!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck finishing the book! Glad you got together with your family (mom)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated birthday to your daughter! The time does indeed fly by doesn't it? I look forward to when you reveal your finished knitting project. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love surprise knits. hope you can show a pic when it is all completed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a busy, but wonderful week. I love surprise knits, can't wait to see what it is once you can reveal it :)

    ReplyDelete