Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Yarn Along

Joining in with Ginny over at Small Things for this week's yarn along. I am STILL working on Phoebe's small things sweater BUT, I am just about 20 rows from the body being done. Then I will just have the sleeves to go after that. The end is in sight! I actually love this yarn so much (it is a worsted weight Malabrigo)... it is so soft that I just love the feel of it moving over my hands.. that I will also be a little sad when this sweater is finished. I will definitely have to get some more Malabrigo in the future. Delicious!
I am almost done reading World Without Fish, and have moved on to the second book in The Hunger Games trilogy. As everyone has said, it is completely captivating, and despite the unthinkable theme underlying the plot, I have been loving it. I also started Paul Hawkens' book Blessed Unrest. Seems like I have an intense week of reading ahead!
What are you reading? What are you knitting? Pin It Now!

5 comments:

  1. The sweater is coming along, and that color is so beautiful. I have taken far longer on much smaller projects, so don't be too hard on yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a pretty color! and yes, malabrigo is simply scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely colour, can't wait to see it finished, but no rush :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your sweater is lovely! Can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  5. such pretty malabrigo! the sweater is going to be darling!

    ReplyDelete