Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Monday, April 9, 2012

Weekending

Joining in with Amanda from Habit of Being for another weekending post....
This weekend was a much need reprise after last week's return home from a vacation in Florida. Why does it always take so long to get back into the swing of the real world?
Friday night, the weather was nice, so we decided to forgo cooking in exchange for tacos and margaritas at a new restaurant that we could walk to. As I will still on Florida time, I was asleep by 9. And it felt good.
Saturday morning we awoke to sun! After a breakfast of french toast, we headed to the vet with all 3 cats for a much-overdue check up. It was fairly hectic (and really expensive), but at least it is over with! I spent the rest of the morning cleaning and organizing the house (I am once again feeling a need to purge), and then in the afternoon, the family and I headed out on a little adventure. First, we went to a wetland area to walk around....also, I needed to "borrow" some soil for a soil lab that I am teaching in my class on Wednesday. After the wetlands, we headed to the Mt. Tabor dogs park to let our dogs run (and to "borrow" some more soil). I felt a little guilty taking the soil, even though it was a very small amount, and was paranoid that someone was going to come and yell at me. Late Saturday afternoon Finn dyed some Easter eggs and had a friend over to play. Todd headed to the Timbers soccer game in the evening, so after dinner, Finn and I had some mama-son time and watched a movie together.
Sunday morning we awoke to see what the Easter Bunny had left for Finn and Phoebe and then headed over to the neighbor's for brunch and an Easter egg hunt. I grabbed a few minutes to read outside, caught up on some work, and then the family headed to the local plant nursery to find a few flowery additions to our yard. After a quick break for chips and salsa and veggie tacos, many of the new plants found their homes in the ground, and I headed out for a drink with a couple of my lady friends. Exactly what I needed!
How was your weekend?
Pin It Now!

6 comments:

  1. That weekend sounds like bliss! We need to get our cats into the vet too. I don't think I'd ever try three at once, though, even though it does make sense to combine visits. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds wonderful, especially the heading out for drinks with your lady friends...I need some of that right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still on WA time in FL, but I know as soon as I get back to my little island I'll be on FL time. Crazy how that works flying all the way across the country. Phew! All that AND plants in the ground?! What a busy bee. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. time with girlfriends is so good. and i love the soil borrowing...i'd have done the same thing and been afraid of being yelled at ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds fantastic! I'm in Florida now. For all my dread of the trip, it is actually going well. Beautiful weather anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for a good purge! Sounds like a lovely, busy, relaxing weekend.

    ReplyDelete