Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Monday, April 23, 2012

Weekending


Joining in with Amanda from Habit of Being for another weekending post....

Friday night pub knitting with the ladies
followed by date night to see some live bluegrass with the hubby!
(Plus some late night pizza on the way home).
What a night! Action packed.

Saturday morning trip to the farmers market....
First of the year for our family.
Slightly disappointing, as offerings were slim,
but happy to be able to buy some local greens.
Some sewing and house cleaning before the sun
made its first appearance in about a week (hooray!)
Itching for the outdoors,
we decided to explore a new area, Camassia Natural Area,
and it was a good choice. Better than good.
Magnificent wildflowers, osprey, and an oak-madrone woodland.
It was bliss.
Our only regret was that the trail wasn't longer
and there wasn't more to explore.
Late lunch at a brew pub,
and home to relax.
Todd headed to the soccer game, Phoebe went to bed early,
and Finn and I ate leftovers and watched Frozen Planet
(I LOVE that show).
Some quiet time knitting with a glass of wine
while Todd was still at the soccer game.
Exactly what I needed.
I wanted to go to bed early,
but stayed up really late reading The Hunger Games

Sunday- Happy Earth Day!
Another sunny Portland day.
I sneaked in some morning sewing
(I have a few presents I am working on right now).
Then out with the family to pick up trash
from our neighborhood in celebration of Earth Day.
Finn actually had so much fun that he asked if we could
do it again!
It was amazingly sad how fast we filled up our bag.
Then an Earth Day festival at the school where I teach
followed by DELICIOUS ice cream.
Salted Caramel..... drool....
Ended the night with a gathering of friends
who I was very happy to see.
Finn and his friends had a lovely time..
wading in the baby pool, kicking a ball,
and running around naked!
Seems like summer is here,
although I know it won't stay, not yet.
I went to bed early, but Phoebe didn't want to let me sleep...
so now it's Monday morning... I need coffee!
What a fun weekend, but action packed,
and I am now regretting that we didn't have more time to
relax.

How was your Earth Day weekend?





Pin It Now!

5 comments:

  1. What a wonderfully full weekend! I love that you spent Earth Day picking up trash and that Finn embraced the activity so heartily. Jealous of your farmer's market! Ours doesn't start for a couple weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely fun weekend from the sounds of it! We picked up trash yesterday and had the same experience. Reece kept asking "why so much garbage"

    Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. pub knitting sounds perfect!!! and what a cutie you have there :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun weekend! Glad you got to see the sun! I remember living in the Northwest and how GORGEOUS it was when the sun came out. I hear you about busy - while busy is great, sometimes it's nice to just relax.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a good weekend...we love bluegrass! Haven't been to a live performance in quite awhile.

    ReplyDelete