Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Yarn Along

Joining in with Ginny over at Small Things for this week's yarn along. I haven't been in much of a knitting mood lately, and so I am still slowly plodding along at Phoebe's small things sweater (yup, the the one I was planning on making for Easter- oops!). I just started reading World Without Fish, which I think is a young adult book on the global fish crisis. It was a splurge check-out at the library when I came across it on Monday, and thought it could have useful information for the environmental science classes that I teach. I also just started the first book in The Hunger Games trilogy last night. Like others I have talked to, I was immediately drawn in, but also appalled at myself for being so, as the theme of the book can only be called disturbing. And, Finn has been huge into Where's Waldo for the past couple months and Monday we picked up a new one at the library. So, I seem to spend lots of time searching for things with Finn as well!
What are you reading? What are you knitting? Pin It Now!

11 comments:

  1. Love the color of yarn!

    Oooh...Where's Waldo is such a great idea! I bet my son would love it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When my children were younger they loved the Where's Waldo books and actually wore the books out looking at them.
    You know, I was surprised I liked the Hunger Game books too due to the content. I have heard the movie was well made and not the 'slasher film' I was afraid they'd make.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope the sweater gets done soon - such a beautiful color. My kids sort of missed the Waldo craze. We liked the I-Spy books a whole lot and the Look-Alike books. My daughter even made a mini bedroom scene a few years ago using the look-alikes idea. here's the link: http://alittlesparc.blogspot.com/search/label/miniatures

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved Where's Waldo when I was little. I'll bet Finn's having a great time with them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet you a dollar the sweater will be done next Easter!! Love the yarn, and Where's Waldo is so much fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keep with the Hunger Games. I loved the book and the movie, and I am someone who will set a spider outside if I find one in the house. There is a bigger message behind the violence, which will be revealed as you read. I was hoping to post a review of the movie for tomorrow, if I can keep my eyes open (one of those days - yawn...)

    My kids loved the I-Spy books!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where's Waldo brings back so many memories...

    ReplyDelete
  8. We've have some serious periods of Where's Waldo love. Hmm, I'm glad to hear your thoughts on The Hunger Games. I want to read it hearing how much everyone loves the series but my sister keeps warning me that I will find it too disturbing...she's right, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that color you are using-wow. I haven't thought about Waldo for a while. Now would be a great time to start that up with the kiddos. Thanks for the reminder. :)
    xo,
    Ang (peach coglo)

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh that is such a pretty color for a sweater, slowly it'll get done. :)
    where's waldo was a big favorite in our home!

    ReplyDelete