Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Monday, January 24, 2011

Sitz Bath

 A sitz bath can be very healing after birth. It helps to reduce swelling and heal tears. Last week I made a homemade herbal sitz bath that I will use after I give birth. Here is the recipe:

1/2 oz. chickweed
1/2 oz. marshmallow root
1/2 oz. chamomille
1/2 oz. calendula
1 oz. lavender
1 oz. rosemary
1 oz. uva-ursi
1 oz. sea salt

Using 3 oz (half of this recipe) of herbs, steep them in boiling water for 30 minutes. Fill your bathtub with just enough water to cover your bottom. Strain the herbs from the tea and add the tea to your bath water. Sit for 15-20 minutes and enjoy some quiet healing time.
I haven't used this recipe yet, but I will keep you all posted on how it turned out!!
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment