Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

Wow! It's hard to believe that it's already 2011..... seriously, where does the time go? I know for my family, 2011 is going to be a year of excitement and big changes. With baby #2 due to arrive on March 1, I know the dynamics of our home are going to be changing as we all figure out how we fit in as a family of 4!!
I spent some time yesterday reflecting on the past year, and set some goals for myself for the new year to come. Since the new babe is scheduled to arrive near the end of this term of school, I am not teaching any classes this winter term. On one hand, I am a little sad about that, both because I like my job and we could use the money. But, I am also happy and grateful to have some extra time to spend with Finn, trying to make him realize how special he is before he has to share his mommy-time with his new sister. This little break from work will also give me some time to nest, and to figure out how a 4th person is going to fit into out tiny, 800 square foot home. I think that is going to take a lot of purging, organizing, and becoming a minimalist.... keeping only what is really and truly necessary.
I also hope to find some time this year to continue to educate myself, to learn new things, to get better at things I already do and to share what I learn with others. Knowledge is power, so bring it on! I will also be reminding myself to work on my patience with Finn, which isn't always the easiest for me... and now with a new one arriving soon, I think I will need to have a lot of patience to keep my sanity. Lastly, I am going to find ways to be gentler to both myself and to the Earth in 2011. And through all of this, I will have to remind myself that I am pregnant and tired, and will soon have a newborn and will still be tired, so I can only do my best and I will have to be satisfied with that. See, I am being gentler on myself already!
Hoping that you have a wonderful start to your new year and wishing you joy and excitement in the year to come! Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. You're having a girl!! That is wonderful- I am so happy you will have extra time with Finn- all the best!

    ReplyDelete