Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Monday, March 15, 2010

Easy Felt Applique Shirt


OK, so a few weekends ago I made this super cute shirt for my toddler, and my only regret is that I made it on a plain old boring white t-shirt... it would be much cuter if I had used a colored tee or dyed this one first. Oh well.... I wanted to do a trial run, and I think it turned out pretty good! I completely, 100%, copied the idea from an awesome website, makebabystuff.com. It wasn't hard at all, however, the hand-stitching around the designs did take quite a while..
A couple pointers of my own advice (that will only make sense once you read the instructions listed at the website above): you have to REALLY push the iron down to get the felt to stick.... and even so, it started to peel off right away. You pretty much HAVE to hand-stitch the design on, or it will peel away in no time. Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment