Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Recycling Facts


I recently blogged a bit about some recycling basics. Since then, I have found a couple of statistics about aluminum recycling that I thought were share-worthy.
  • Making beverage cans from recycled aluminum uses 95% less energy and produces 95% less GHG emissions than producing a can from new material.
  • 75% of all aluminum ever produced is still in use.
So, drink that well-deserved beer, but make sure to recycle your can!
Check out Novelis for more information about recycling. Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment