Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Film Review: The Corporation

The Corporation is a documentary from 2004 that I just had a chance to watch. The film takes a good hard look at corporations; how they are treated legally, the power they have, the mindset behind a corporation, as well as the endless impacts to society and the environment that many of these corporations have. After watching this movie, I couldn't believe that I had never seen it. It includes interviews with big names such as Michael Moore and Noam Chomsky (among many others) and does a great job at touching on all of the important environmental and social issues that are prevalent today: genetically modified food, water privatization, rBGH, and many more. My one complaint about this film is that many of the issues are not explained form the beginning. So, for example, if you don't have a basic understanding of the controversy about genetically modified foods, you may have trouble grasping all of the information they present. This makes me hesitant to show it to my intro environmental science class until we have discussed most of the issues. However, the fast paced nature of the movie makes it great for someone who is familiar with these big issues, and it allows for things to be kept exciting. I would strongly recommend adding this one to your Netflix list! Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment