Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Friday, September 4, 2009

Down Home Fritters


More zucchini than you know what to do with? Try out my down home fritters (note: my husband named these, not me!)

What you need:
  • 1 zucchini
  • 1 cup cooked black beans (either cook dried bean in crock pot for several hours or you can use canned beans
  • 1.5 oz. soft goat cheese
  • 1 egg
  • flour
  • A few tbl olive oil
What you do:
  • Shred zucchini. Mix in a bowl with black beans and goat cheese.
  • Add egg to mixture
  • Heat olive oil in pan over medium-low heat (I like to use a cast-iron skillet)
  • Form mixture into small patties and dip into bowl of flour
  • Lightly fry in olive oil until cooked, flipping halfway through (should be browned on both sides but not burnt.
  • Eat and enjoy!
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment