Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Wednesday, November 4, 2015

A November Yarn Along


Good morning! Joining with Ginny at Small Things for this week's Yarn Along.

With all of the Halloween craziness, I haven't knit much this week, but I have picked up Phoebe's puddle duck sweater a few times. So far it is a nice and easy knit... perfect for knitting while I allow myself to indulge in watching Twin Peaks...

The kids and I just started reading The Witches by Roald Dahl. We have gotten into a really nice habit of reading together before bed every night that they spend with me. We have always tried to do this, but we would often get a bit lazy and it would only happen some nights. Now we have made it a routine, and I have noticed that both the kids and I really look forward to that time each night.

I am obviously still reading War and Peace. Just get used to seeing that because I know that it will take me months to make my way through this one (which I am totally fine with). And since I rarely ever read only one book at a time, I am also reading The Soil Will Save Us by Kristin Ohlson, a local Portland author. It's a non-fiction about the importance of soil. So far it is making me optimistic about the world. And I can't complain about that.

What are you reading? What are you knitting?
Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. Twin Peaks, now that is a a blast from the past. I LOVED that show :) I am knitting fingerless mitts and a hat at the moment, and reading Family Pictures by Jane Green. Happy knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. war and peace! yikes!! that would take awhile. David Copperfield took me forever but I enjoyed it :)

    ReplyDelete