Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Friday, July 27, 2012

This Moment: Really. Big. Diaper

{this moment} - A Friday ritual. A single photo - no words - capturing a moment from the week. A simple, special, extraordinary moment. A moment I want to pause, savor and remember. Inspired by Soulemama.
 OK, cheating a bit this week and including words. This pictures was taken on Wednesday, when the kids and I went to a friends house to splash in their baby pool. I figured I would put a disposable diaper on Phoebe, instead of our reusable cloth diaper, because I wasn't sure that she would even get in the water and I didn't want her to pee all over herself. Well, she did get in the water and her diaper swelled up so huge that it was throwing her off balance and she could barely walk. It was hilarious! This picture doesn't even do it justice... Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. So cute! I did reusable cloth diapers with my third child -- oldest son and he was the only one of the kids that NEVER had bad diaper rash. (He would be so embarassed to know I just wrote that). My point is however, that cloth diapers are a little extra effort but really worth it! Your daughter is darling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute and funny! I remember when my son was little at the beach and his diaper grew and grew. He was not bothered one little bit! Have a good weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha...love it! Enjoy your weekend Taryn.

    ReplyDelete