Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Berry Picking

On Thursday, the kids and I headed to Sauvie's Island (just outside of Portland) for the afternoon. We spent some time at the beach and played in the sand, stopped off for some ice cream, and then headed to the organic u-pick farm to pick some berries!
The strawberries were few, and full of prickers, but the blues were amazing! Sweet and juicy, and lots to be had. We only saw two other families out there, so it was sort of like we had the run of the place. Finn and I picked as fast as we could, and Phoebe ate them nearly as fast as we could pick them. We ended up bringing just over 4 pounds home.
So, tonight, I am about to make some zucchini blueberry bread and enjoy the bounty of summer!
Kids at the beach

Me picking blues! Finn took this shot!

My little picker..

Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. Such a nice way to spend some time with your children, and delicious ORGANIC berries are just an added bonus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like so much fun! When we were out of town for two weeks we evidently missed blueberry season...it got really hot. Maybe I just need to look a little harder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you got to do a little berry picking! Looks like good times were had by all!

    ReplyDelete