Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!

Yesterday afternoon, I got whisked away for a Mother's Day surprise! The family headed about 20 minutes away to Edgefield, an old insane asylum-turned hotel, complete with restaurants, gardens, a soaking hot tub, brewery, movie theater, and even a concert lawn. The idea was a wonderful effort by my husband, although the trip sort of turned out to be a disaster... it was very crowded and so we had to wait. For everything. Drinks, dinner, dessert.. and long waits with young kids don't often work out well. Especially when everything is a wait. And then there was breakfast today... every restaurant was booked, so we were not able to get a bite of food until we returned home at 11. Everyone was crabby (to say the least). But, it was a fun excursion, and so very thoughtful of Todd. Finn absolutely loved the soaking pool (a swimming pool sized hot tub, in a gorgeous garden setting) and has already asked when we can go back!
Here are a few pictures from our weekend. Hope all you mamas had a wonderful Mother's Day!










Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. Hey my mothers day was awful too. I'll write a post about it one of these days...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well it's the thought that counts- always.
    Your little monkeys are adorable- especially Finn in his tie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, not so great over here either. Spent my first Mother's Day caring for my little guy who came down with hand-foot-and-mouth disease over the weekend.

    ReplyDelete