Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Yarn Along!

Hello! We are just getting back from a lovely family vacation (more on that tomorrow) but I thought I would join in with Ginny over at Small Things for a quick yarn along post.
This week I am still reading Having Faith by Sandra Steingraber and am loving it. Heavy, but packed full of great info. It's the modern day Silent Spring. I also just finished up Garrison Keillor's Liberty, which was amusing (perfect nice, light vacation reading).
I didn't get as much knitting done as I thought I would, seeing that I spent a lot of time on planes over the last week. I have finished Finn's bunny for Easter, although he is still in pieces and needs to get stuffed and sewn together. I knit about 3 rows on Phoebe's small things sweater. Good thing I hauled that to Florida, right? Not looking good to be finished in time for Easter, but I am not going to pressure myself over it.
OK, have a new term starting today and it's time to get ready!! Pin It Now!

5 comments:

  1. I love the sunlight in this picture AND the color of the yarn on the right. It looks like the sun itself soaked right into the yarn. Is that the color you are using for the Small Things Sweater?

    Mine is a little silly AND a little out of season:
    http://vanillaicing.typepad.com/vanilla_icing/2012/04/cheese-scarf.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photo and love the peachy colour yarn, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh can't wait to hear of your vacation fun. Hope it was a restful time for you and your family. Quite a long trip...opposite sides of the country.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved 'Having Faith'. I'm glad I read it pre-pregnancy and not while I was actually pregnant -- I think it would have made me too anxious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been thinking the same thing while reading it- I could never have read it while pregnant!

      Delete