Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Monday, December 26, 2011

Merry Merry

The past week has been filled with preparations, anticipation, wonder, excitement and exhaustion. Since we did not travel anywhere over Christmas, we had time instead to spend with our local friends and with one another. Last week brought lots of baking and making. Some favorite moments included:

Making (and tasting) a gingerbread house (from a kit, mind you, which was still harder than I anticipated!)

Decorating gingerbread cookies with Finn's dear friends

And making a fabric wreath when we found ourselves with a spare moment. We found a lovely tutorial here.

Christmas eve was a special dinner with friends, while we tracked Sant'a progress across the Atlantic. I think I may have been more excited than Finn for Christmas morning to arrive... and sleep eluded me for most of the night.
Christmas morning was filled with heaps of gifts from near and far, a yummy breakfast, a walk with the dogs and some time skyping with family far away.


Today we tried to re-enter the world of reality, but it was not an easy transition. Schedules are off, and less sleep (for everyone) means that we are all a bit cranky and not our best. Hoping to re-find our rhythm as we enjoy our last week of 2011!!!
Hope you all had a wonderful holiday! Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I hear you about not sleeping Christmas eve. I kept thinking the boys would wake up, even though they slept till 6:30 a.m.! Hope you all are able to get back in synch soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a lovely Christmas! Blessings to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like a lovely time!
    I like how the wreath came out- and god bless you for using a a kit for the gingerbread house! They never work out for me. I think I get too greedy and load them up with too much candy decor, so the roof gets heavy & slides off!
    Hope you get back in the daily groove soon! It's hard to break out of the holiday pace.

    ReplyDelete