Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Finn's First Sleepover!

Friday night, Finn had his first sleepover. It made me a little emotional, because he suddenly seemed so grown up. A sleepover! Isn't that what big kids do?!  He is only 4, so I don't think this will be a regular thing, but it just gave me a glimpse of the years to come.
The cutest thing about this sleepover is that the whole thing was totally initiated and organized by my husband. He chose a night when I had plans to go out with the mother of Finn's friend, set the time, planned out dinner and activities, and by the time I got home at 10:30 the kids were (just barely) already asleep. I honestly think Todd might have been more excited about the sleepover than the kids were.
But things went great. Todd made xmas quesidillas (he came up with that all by himself, folks), made sure to have a special dessert planned out, and even brought home donuts the next morning. I tried to get him to do a guest blog post all about it, but, well, I got DENIED.
Anyways, this whole event was just too cute not to share!




Pin It Now!

11 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. How cute are they!? And your husband sounds like a great man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that bed head! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is incredibly cute! And, wow, your husband's Christmas quesadilla idea is brilliant!
    -Jaime

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are so cute! Your hubby sounds like a wonderful guy. :) Those quesadillas are so clever!

    Also, I wanted to thank you- my ornament came in the mail today and it's even cuter in person! Trinity hung it on the tree and she keeps running over to show me "her" owl. So I guess she's called dibs on it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your husband is a genius! I am definitely going to make chistmas quesadillas! Looks like a super fun party!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did they decide to go on a midnight diet and make salads? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Melissa T- I remember back to some of the things I did at sleepovers as a kid, and just hope my kids don't do that... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yeah... and Todd is now saying he WOULD have done a guest blog and I can tell that secretly, he is very happy about all of these positive quesadilla comments that he is getting. Thanks for boosting his ego ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. so exciting! their faces are just priceless...and those xmas quesadillas...brilliant! x

    ReplyDelete